Wednesday, September 28, 2005


Someone asked me today to recall a memory that was only happy.

" tell me something that you are only happy about."

What a difficult query to answer.

"as in minus the possibility of being unhappy."

It seems so open ended. This is knowledge that should be primary, vital even. On the for-front of my mind and being. Despite my desires for a simple answer I was stumped.
I asked if it had to remain happy all the time and if it was allowed to change from purely happy to something else due to life moving on and the changes we all endure as humans.

"it is an only this moment of time situation."
"because i ask the question now."
"everything changes."

I thought about this for a few minutes. It took the lime between 12:54 and 1:02am to reach find an answer. I told a story about the year 1999. It's a time then that I think of when I require evidence validating relationships with other people as being both honest and worthwhile.
During Connie Bostic's drawing class we use to listen to the radio. Western Carolina University's campus station. I sat near the wall furthest from the door in the Belk's now reassigned drawing studio with Ben Godfrey and Andy Carter. Eireann was there too and at the time I harbored a crush for her. As the radio played we would sing along with whoever was on. Sugar Ray and the like. Nothing very good, just terrible radio music but that is beside the point. The point is that we where singing out loud and in public. Ben sang softer than Andy and I. He has a lower voice and is generally quieter. We would sing and draw. We where drawing branches with berries that Connie took from her home in Asheville. No emotion other than happiness can be ascribed to that moment in time. That is a warm day hammock kind of memory.

I sat humming, singing and drawing berries while thinking about a girl in yellow across the room.

I put a lot more stuff into flickr today
check it. http://www.flickr.com/people/fellowsfog/

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Well... that sounds very silly now that I've lost a hand. Really I was being mostly careful. It was a momentary laps. yeah...

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home